ved, developers have worked out a method to achieve complete root access on the smartphone, permitting custom kernel and ROM installation. Read on for the step by step information on rooting the AT&T One X.
The HTC One X is the global variant of the AT&T One X and unlike the latter, it has a powerful quad-core Tegra 3 processor. One other thing that makes the global variant superior to its AT&T counterpart is that its bootloader is not locked, allowing customers to customize the smartphone to the fullest when it comes to installing custom kernel and ROMs. Alternatively, the AT&T One X, the U.S. variant of the HTC One X, has barely happy customers; it solely has a dual-core Snapdragon processor and its bootloader is locked, a double disappointment for US users.
Despite all these, XDA Developers members save the day again. The locked bootloader of the smartphone is not a problem, due to the Nachoroot technique developed by jcase, which allows customers to easily gain root access on their smartphone.
If you wish to do that technique, comply with the step-by-step guide below.
AT&T One X Rooting Requirements
- AT&T One X (not the international HTC One X)
- Backup all personal data on your phone to make sure you have a copy of your personal data (e.g., contacts, SMS, MMS, Internet settings, Wi-Fi passwords, and the like) in case the procedure in this guide erases such data.
- Make sure that your battery has at least 50% charge to avoid interruption due to power loss.
- Download and install the necessary drivers (HTCDriver3.0.0.007.exe, 14 MB) for your phone to your computer. (Required only for Windows)
- Download the rooting package (root-one-x.zip, 2.0 MB)to your computer from any of these links:
- Enable USB Debugging on your phone. Go to Settings > Developer Options > USB debugging and tick the USB Debugging option.
AT&T One X Rooting Disclaimer
- Applying these instructions on another device or model may produce undesired outcomes.
- The instructions in this guide are intended for use with the dual-core AT&T One X.
- There is no guarantee that these instructions will work under your specific and unique circumstances.
- The information in this guide is provided for instructional and educational purposes only.
- We shall not hold any responsibility or liability for whatever happens to you or your device arising from your use of the info in this guide.
- Use these instructions at your own risk.
- Read and understand the whole guide first before actually performing the instructions.
AT&T One X Rooting Instructions
- Extract the rooting package (root-one-x.zip) to any folder on your computer. It’s recommended to place it on the Desktop for convenience.
- Connect your phone to your computer using a USB cable.
- Go to the folder where you extracted the rooting files to and double-click on the root.batfile. The rooting process will start.
- (Note that there are two other files: root-linux.sh and root-mac.sh, the first for Linux users and the second for Mac users).
- Wait for the procedure to be completed. It should take a few minutes.
- Once it’s done, the device will reboot several times (don’t worry about it) and you will have full root access on your phone.
Your dual-core AT&T One X has been rooted.
source : androidauthority