Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 Tips: So as so that you can totally customize your Android gadget, you will need to first gain special access by rooting your device. With root access, you’ll be able to add tweaks, flash modifications, and totally customize your Android devices. Sadly, it comes on the value of voiding your warranty.
Flashing custom ROMs is another method to customize your Android experience. With these ROMs, you get to install a more updated or improved Android OS in your gadget. You additionally want the help of ClockworkMod (CWM) Recovery to safely flash ROMs. This tool enables you to create a backup, guarantee a clean flash, reformat your SD card, create a secondary partition in your memory card, and safely flash ROMs to your device.
If you wish to totally control and optimize your Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1, you will have to have root access and use the indispensable CWM Recovery. Senior XDA developer weltwon and a group of developers have managed to create a information on the way to flash CWM Recovery and gain root access in your Android tablet. Continue studying the remainder of this guide to learn to get pleasure from these features on your Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1.
- Applying these instructions on another device or model may produce undesired outcomes.
- The instructions in this guide are intended for use with the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1, model numbers GT-P5113, GT-P5100, and GT-P5110.
- There is no guarantee that these instructions will work under your specific and unique circumstances.
- The information in this guide is provided for instructional and educational purposes only.
- We shall not hold any responsibility or liability for whatever happens to you or your device arising from your use of the info in this guide.
- Use these instructions at your own risk.
- Read and understand the whole guide first before actually performing the instructions.
- The instructions in this guide also reportedly increments the flash counter or download counter on your tablet.
- A Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 (GT-P5113, GT-P5110, GT-P5100)
- A Windows PC
- Download and install the necessary USB drivers on your computer. You can get the drivers by installing Samsung KIES on your computer. Make sure to close Samsung KIES before following the procedures below.
- Download the rooting package from the following links:
- Download the ClockworkMod Recovery image (recovery.tar.md5, 5.3 MB) to your computer.
- Download Odin3 v1.85 (Odin3-v1.85_3.zip, 199 kB) to your computer.
- A RAR archive extraction tool such as WinRAR or 7-Zip installed on your computer.
- Disable system tools such as anti-virus software, firewall program, and Samsung KIES to prevent any interruption during the procedure.
- To ensure that your phone lasts all throughout the entire procedure, charge your phone’s battery to 70% or more.
- Backup all personal data on your phone to make sure you have a copy of your personal data (e.g., contacts, SMS, MMS, Internet settings, Wi-Fi passwords, and the like) in case the procedure in this guide erases such data.
Flashing ClockworkMod Recovery
- Switch off your tablet.
- Reboot your Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 into Download Mode. You can do that by pressing and holding the Volume Up key (right key on the Volume rocker) and Power button. When a warning message with a yellow triangle appears, press the Volume Down key (left key on the Volume rocker) to continue into Download Mode.
- Extract Odin3-v1.85_3.zip to a folder on your computer.
- Double-click Odin3 v1.85.exe to launch Odin on your computer.
- Connect your tablet to the computer via the USB cable.
- The word “Added” will appear in Odin. If it doesn’t appear, make sure you have installed the necessary drivers on your computer.
- Click the PDA button in Odin and locate the recovery.tar.md5file.
- NOTE: Do not make unnecessary changes in Odin except for the required files on the PDA tab.
- Once ready, click Start to begin flashing the ClockworkMod Recovery to your tablet.
- After installation is complete, a box in the upper leftmost corner of Odin will turn green and your tablet will automatically reboot. You can now disconnect your phone from the computer.
Flashing the Root Package
- Copy cwm-root-gtab2.zip or cwm-root-gtab2a.zip to the root of your tablet’s external SD card (/mnt/extSdCard). Do not place the file in the tablet’s internal memory. The /mnt/sdcard folder cannot be detected in ClockworkMod Recovery.
- Switch off your Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 and reboot it into ClockworkMod Recovery mode. You can do that by pressing and holding the Volume Down key (left key on the Volume rocker) and Power button. When the Samsung logo appears, release the Power button while keeping the Volume Down key pressed.
- NOTE: Once in recovery, use the Volume keys to navigate and the Power button to select an option.
- Select Install ZIP From SD Card.
- Locate the cwm-root-gtab2.zip or cwm-root-gtab2a.zip file. Confirm the action on the next screen to initiate the rooting process.
- Once complete, go back to the main menu and select Reboot System Now to restart your tablet.
- After the tablet has rebooted to Normal Mode, disable the SuperSU app.
- Check your app drawer for the Superuser app. If it’s not there, install Superuser from the Google Play Store.
Your Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 (GT-P5113, GT-P5110, GT-P5100) has been flashed ClockworkMod Recovery . You also have gained root access on your tablet. What are you waiting for? Begin flashing ROMs and perform tweaks and customizations on your Android tablet.
Incoming search terms:
- cwm-root-gtab2a zip
- Powered by ArticleMS from ArticleTrader viewsonic
- Powered by ArticleMS from ArticleTrader how to turn my internal camera back on
- Powered by ArticleMS from ArticleTrader personal pda
- Powered by ArticleMS from ArticleTrader dual action
- Powered by ArticleMS from ArticleTrader special education
- Powered by ArticleMS from ArticleTrader game pda
- Powered by ArticleMS from ArticleTrader connect four play the game
- Powered by ArticleMS from ArticleTrader voice mail